STR-AN1000 7.2 Ch. Receiver
Value Electronics – Authorized Sony Diamond dealer. In stock and shipping now!
Sony full ES Receiver line-up .pdf spec sheet.
Email or call us 914-723-3344 with questions.
Sony’s new STR-AN1000 7.2 Channel A/V Receiver works with all wired speakers and integrate Sony Wireless Speakers if you like.
Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect & Apple AirPlay. Works w/SONOS, just add SONOS Port.
Sony’s STR-AN1000 brilliantly designed so you add Sony’s SA-RS3 and or the SA-RS5 wireless speakers and also add 1 or 2 Sony wireless Sub woofers, SA-SW3 or the SA-SW5.
< Pictured left is Sony’s wireless SASW5 Sub Woofer.
SA-RS5 delivers a total 180W with its two additional Wireless Rear Speakers that also have up-firing Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Height speakers with Built-in Rechargeable Battery.
The SR3 and SR5 have forward facing and up firing speakers have two dedicated amplifiers in each of the SR5 and SR3 speakers to best drive all of up firing and forward speakers with their own dedicated amplifiers.
The SR5 & SR3 can operate with the included rechargeable battery or a/c powered. Here’s what’s included w/each speaker:
1 – Up-firing speaker
2 – Soft Dome Type Tweeter
3 – Wide Directivity Woofer
4 – Dual passive radiators
Experience 360 Spatial Sound
The SA-RS5 speakers work with Sony’s STR-AN1000 as the up-firing speakers and wide directivity woofers for 360 Spatial Sound Mapping to create multiple phantom speakers around your room.
When you’re surrounded on all sides by multiple phantom speakers within an optimized sound field, you’ll hear every sound with incredible intensity. It will fell like you and your living room are inside the movie.
________________________________________________________________ Premium Design and Build Quality
6 HDMI Inputs/2 Outputs
The STR-AN1000 has six HDMI inputs with two inputs supporting full 8K & 4K/120 video sources, and two HDMI outputs that also support full 8K & 4K/120 video sources.
Hi-Res Audio & 360 Reality Audio
Enjoy music the way the artists truly intended with High-Resolution Audio for crystal clear precision or discover a new way of listening with 360 Reality Audio for a truly immersive live concert or studio session experience.With the STR-AN1000 your music comes to life like never before.
Sony’s very easy to operate remote control for all of the new ZA ES Series and the entry level AN1000 series A/V Receivers.
The only differences are the additional features and controls in the menus as you move up the through the premium ES series line-up.
Step up your sound with 165 watts, the STR-AN1000 delivers cinema-like surround sound and crystal-clear music reproduction with powerful amplification.2
8K & 4K/120 HDMI Connectivity:
Enjoy the latest HDMI technology with support for 8K & 4K/120 video sources.1,4 Equipped with two 8K HDMI inputs and two outputs, the STR-AN1000 is capable of delivering the most stunning picture quality and amazing clarity.3
Support for the most advanced object-based audio formats:
With support for Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Speaker Virtualization, DTS:X®, and DTS Virtual: X the STR-AN1000 delivers an object based surround sound experience.
360 Spatial Sound Mapping:
Experience true immersion. Sony’s exclusive 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology reproduces a physical sound field that can adapt to your environment so your home theater feels more like a cinema or concert hall.13
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX:
A new technology developed by Sony, Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX precisely corrects the distance, angle, sound pressure, and frequency response of each speaker that’s connected to the STR-AN1000 to create the ideal sound field for any home theater setup.
Supports Dolby Vision®, HDR10, and Hybrid Log Gamma, and IMAX® Enhanced:
Enjoy dynamic, realistic picture quality with support for the leading HDR formats, including Dolby Vision®, HDR10, Hybrid Log Gamma, and IMAX® Enhanced.9
Works with Sonos:
After a simple setup, your Sony A/V Receiver will tie in seamlessly to SONOS. From the SONOS app you will be able to turn on your A/V Receiver, switch to the designated input source for playback, and control the volume of your A/V Receiver.5, 6
Listen to all your favorite tracks, easily. The STR-AN1000 supports audio streaming via Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi, Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect, and Apple AirPlay®.6,7,11
Voice Assistant Compatibility:
Connect to your home’s other devices, and use voice control to operate your receiver with Google Assistant.8
Enjoy seamless integration with your Roon system for full access to all your music—including your digital files and streaming services—all in one place.6
Compatible with Sony Music Center app:
Control the STR-AN1000 from your mobile device for operations like source selection, zone control, sound field control, volume control, media playback, and voice assistant setup.6
Center Speaker Lift Up and Acoustic Center Sync:
Enhance your sound multiple ways: Center Speaker Lift Up raises the sound from the center speaker to match what’s on the TV, Acoustic Center Sync matches the audio to your compatible BRAVIA TV.12
Easy setup and operation:
The easy-to-use graphical interface makes it super simple to start enjoying your STR-AN1000.
Zone 2 & Zone 3:
Flexible multi-zone distribution capability.
Sony’s SA-RS3S & SA-RS5 wireless rear speakers and SA-SW3 & SA-SW5 wireless subwoofers (Sold sep.) are compatible with the STR-AN1000. Two subwoofers of the same model may be connected simultaneously to the receiver.
Using AI-based technology, DSEE Ultimate accurately upscales audio to near-high-resolution sound quality, simulating a recording studio or concert environment.
While enabling higher-quality video output and reduced latency from input devices like game consoles, HDMI 2.1 also provides support for Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR).3,4
6 HDMI Inputs/2 Outputs:
The STR-AN1000 has six HDMI inputs with two inputs supporting full 8K & 4K/120 video sources, and two HDMI outputs that also support full 8K & 4K/120 video sources.1,3,4
Chassis and sub-chassis:
With the addition of a sub-chassis structure on the rear of the front panel, the rigidity of the receiver is increased. This results in a further reduction of vibration and improved sound quality overall.
Power Supply Capacitors:
The newly designed power supply capacitors, developed by Sony, improve stability and achieve superior sound quality.
New Large Capacity Power Transformer:
The redesigned power transformer also features a new core material and bobbin to lower distortion and improve sound quality.
Redeveloped digital section:
The new digital section enables all signal processing to be performed on a single chip while also providing lower impedance, increased capacitance, and better stability.
New DAC enables 32-bit operations:
Digital PCM signal input is processed at 32-bit and converted to analog by the DAC, while DSD signal input during direct mode is natively input to the DAC and converted to an analog signal.
Improved analog power for DAC:
The DAC analog power supply uses a low-noise power supply IC to ensure that hi-fidelity performance is achieved.
Buffer amp for DAC:
A new DAC analog output filter circuit was designed utilizing a JFET and op-amp improvement in noise floor. The phase rotation was shifted to a higher frequency, expanding the bandwidth and improving sound clarity for wide-bandwidth sources like high-resolution audio.
Sony exclusive Pre-Amp integrated circuit:
A Sony-exclusive integrated circuit was developed to improve all amplification functions of the STR-AN1000.
Hi-Res Audio & 360 Reality Audio:
Enjoy music the way the artists truly intended with High-Resolution Audio for crystal clear precision or discover a new way of listening with 360 Reality Audio for a truly immersive live concert or studio session experience.6 With the STR-AN1000, your music comes to life like never before.
The STR-AN1000 receiver comes with Sony’s 2-year warranty.10
- 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels. Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input
- 165 Watts measurements at (165 W 6 ohms, 1kHz, 1ch, THD 0.9%)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold sep.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps and/or VRR required.
- Sonos app required. Device must be connected to a power source, plugged into a SONOS® port, have the same Wi-Fi or hardline connection.
- 3rd party apps, network services, content, the operating system and software of this Product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Requires product to be connected to the wireless network. 360Reality Audio requires subscription to compatible online music service and third party terms, conditions, account and fees may apply.
- Chromecast built-in compatibility dependent on app.
- User must connect to a Google account to use, including voice to activate linked apps.
- May require additional accessories. Check with your authorized dealer for details.
- For full terms and conditions please visit https://www.sony.com/electronics/support
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- BRAVIA Acoustic Center Sync mode works with the following models: Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series. Product availability varies by country. Integrated UI works with the following models: Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series, X90J series, X85J series, X80J series, A80K series, X90K series, Z9K series, A95K series, A90K series and X95K series.
- To use 360 Spatial Sound Mapping, it is necessary to run the auto calibration on the receiver using the supplied calibration microphone that comes with the receiver. 360 Spatial Sound Mapping can work with passive speakers and compatible wireless rear speakers (SA-RS3S & SA-RS5) but they must be connected to the receiver for the calibration.